Painting Cedar Trim Boards
Use a roller on the.
Painting cedar trim boards. You must coat the cedar boards with a base coat of primer prior to application. This procedure will greatly increase the coatings performance but will not detract from a smooth finish. Red cedar has a natural resistance to rot decay and insect attack.
For smooth planed flat grained cedar some surface preparation may be desirable. Mask off areas that won t be painted with painter s tape and cut in corners and edges with a brush. Still some homeowners may desire or feel the need for painting cedar siding.
Before you begin scrubbing scraping and sanding take a few minutes to make sure your work area is protected. Don t fear if the paint is applied correctly it will be a success and the wood s natural smoothness will give it a polished finish. Paint life tv 128 412 views.
If you would like to paint cedar boards consider a pair of important points. Mask any doors windows or other openings with plastic. Reach the high areas or apply cleaner to the less dirty areas using a roller with an extension pole which doesn t allow you to apply as much pressure or elbow grease as a paint brush.
Wait 6 weeks for freshly cut cedar to dehydrate. One benefit of installing cedar siding is the beauty of its natural finish. It is common to see sealed or just stained cedar wood but jobs such as a birdhouse or rehabbing an antique cedar chest may need to be painted.
Painting in direct sunlight can weaken the paint and cause it to fail. Apply the wood cleaner to the cedar siding using a paint brush or roller. On flat grained wood the surface should be scuff sanded with 50 60 grit sandpaper.
- Driveways By Heap Inc Asphalt Paving Company East Bridgewater Ma
- Dryer Hose Clamp Canadian Tire
- Dremel Wood Hole Saw
- Drywall Tape Gun
- Dollar General Store Mason Jars
- Doorbell Installation Cost Uk
- Drywall On Concrete Ceiling
- Dryer Vent Under House
- Drain Pipe Under Gravel Driveway
- Drywall Taping Knives Stainless Steel Vs Blue Steel
- Drum Trap Plumbing Price
- Dragonfly Garden Decor
- Door Mirror Hanger Black
- Dr Green Lawn Care Cambridge Ontario
- Dual Track Shower Curtain Rods
- Drill Master Jigsaw 69436
- Dry Erase Board Easel Replacement
- Double Barn Doors With Mirror
- Dremel Tool Comparison Chart
- Dual Exhaust Hose Portable Air Conditioner